|Title|| The Gold-Blooded Killer
The King of Underworld
|Bot Type||Demolisher, Level 3|
Title/Nickname:"The Gold-Blooded Killer", "The King of the Underworld", "The Warrior Reborn (as Centurion Midas)"
Generation: Estimated 2-3
Bot Type: Demolisher, Level 3
Handler: Artie Bakker
Midas is known to be one of the strongest robots in the Crash Palace. His fighting style generally involves moves such as headbutts, and he is willing to use them for fun and for winning and he doesn't like fighting in a League Fight. He defeated the former WRB fighter Noisy Boy.
Midas is a golden-colored robot with red gloves, "boots" and a large red mohawk. He is inspired by King Midas, who, in legend, had the ability to turn everything he touched to gold. It has been said that his head is a weak spot, but in his fight with Noisy Boy he doesn't appear to have this trait. He is modelled to look like a Spartan Warrior.
Stage 3: In this stage, Midas will look brand new and will have more armor on his body. The tattoo on his chest will disappear but it can be seen on his shoulder's armor.
Stage 7: When fully upgraded, His body will be covered in gold. His tattoo can be seen on his chest and his upperarm is covered with a grayish metal. His mohawk will be a little higher in the middle part.
Announcer's Quote: "The Gold-Blooded Killer from the Underworld. Introducing...Midas!"
Real Steel Second screen info
Weight 1075 lbs
Mainframe: steel veneered zinc
Motherboard:CBM FROSTBITE BOARD
MAX Punch speed:40MPH
MAX Punch force:over 15000lbs
Special Moves: Tyrant Blow, Headbutt, Tomahawk Blow, and brawler combo
Total Battle Ranking: 6,389/9,999
Special Feature: Fiber Optic Mohawk
Signature Move: Tomahawk Blow
Super Tomahawk Blow (Twin Cities)
Ultra Tomahawk Blow (Zeus)
Handler: Artie Bakker
A Gold Version of Midas. Gold bots have much higher stats than the original versions. However, there are no changes shown in stages 3 and 7.
Real Steel Game
In the Real Steel video game, Midas is playable in Local Multiplayer and is ranked #1 on the Underworld Stage 2. He has the Tomahawk Blow to finish off an opponent's head when it is loose. He is fast, but his head is loose and could easily be taken off by Atom. He has similar features to the Midas in the movie, even the black designs on his face, arms, legs, and stomache. He also can use the Cutthroat to finish off an opponent's head as well. He is only playable in the Multiplayer Version. You can earn his fists if you manage to defeat him.
Real Steel Basic Action Figure - Midas (Series 1)
This Midas toy is a fairly movie-accurate toy, with some scratched paint details and details on his chest. His face lacks the correct gray paint apps, and his arms seem undersized. Pressing on his head will cause his torso to glow red. Note: All Basic Action Figures have removeable arms and legs. Their fists and feet can also detatch from the limbs. Note that his torso is a bit too thick for Midas.
Real Steel Deluxe Action Figure - Midas (Series 1)
This larger version of Midas features more detailed black detailing on his chest, and a darker red for his gloves and feet. There is a button on his back that causes his arms to fly forward, to emulate a punch. This gimmick, however, hinders the movement of its arms.
ThreeA Real Steel Action Figure This Action Figure has been well designed and very accurate. You can see the similar details of Midas between the Figure and the Movie. For more information and toys, please visit this page: ThreeA Real Steel Action Figures
- As previously said, Midas is based on King Midas who, in legend, had the ability to turn everything he touched to gold. This explains Midas' gold color.
- As stated in the "Midas" official video, he only fights in the Underworld and hates the League. This is possibly because he can't do illegal moves in the league.
- He loves getting AKOs when battling.
- He is the best bot in Crash Palace.
- His handler, Artie Bakker, has a Midas shirt.
- He might be based on Clubber Lang from Rocky III.
- He is the tallest 'bot in the illegal circuit. He's even taller than Zeus himself, making him the tallest bot in the whole film! (citation needed)
- In Real Steel WRB, Midas has a gold version.
- Midas has two variations in the games: Midas Gold in WRB and Centurion Midas in iOS, which is based off his fully upgraded form from WRB.
- When Noisy Boy knocked him down, his tomahawk turned off and came back on.
- His head is a bit durable as Noisy's Shogun Trinity and Shockfists did nothing but emit sparks.
- Midas' mohawk is made of fiber-optic according to his card in the Real Steel World Robot Boxing game.
- Midas's mohawk is said to be made out of real tomahawk missile.
- Midas did not beat Noisy Boy because he was better, but because Charlie hadn't learnt all Noisy's moves. But more likely because Noisy was defeated by a illegal move
- A hidden easter egg in the Real Steel movie is that if you take certain letters found in the background and assembled it, you would get this youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3B8bMc2kso. This is dubbed Midas's theme in the Real Steel community